Allocation to the Foundation Programme
Yorkshire & the Humber Foundation School (YHFS) follows the National Process and time line set out by the UK Foundation Programme Office (UKFPO). For further information, details of the timeline and a copy of the applicant’s handbook please visit the UKFPO website.
YHFS is one Unit of Application (UoA), but we use a group matching process to allocate applicants to locality schemes, before they rank their individual programmes.
- North Yorkshire and East Coast – Grimsby & Scunthorpe, Hull, Scarborough, York
- South Yorkshire – Doncaster & Bassetlaw, Rotherham, Barnsley, Sheffield
- West Yorkshire – Airedale, Bradford, Calderdale & Huddersfield, Harrogate, Leeds, Mid Yorks (Dewsbury & Pinderfields)
If you are successful in your application to YHFS, you will then preference your choice of locality scheme and programmes as per the timetable below:
- Applicants Informed of FS Allocation UKFPO: 7 March 2019
- Group Ranking Deadline: 15 March 2019 (12 noon)
- Group Match Notification: 18 March 2019 (12noon)
- Programme Ranking Deadline: 31 March 2019
- Applicants Informed of Programme Allocations UKFPO: 4 April 2019
F1 and F2 jobs are linked. This means that when you list your programme preferences, you will know the F1 and F2 posts and hospitals in each programme.
There are no interviews for the allocation of Foundation Programme trainees.
Whilst the post speciality/placements are an correct at the point of upload to the Oriel system, please note that posts may be subject to change depending on the employing Trust circumstances. Whilst both your employer and HEE will endeavour to provide you with as much notice of any changes, please note this is not always possible.