Allocation to the YHFS Foundation Programme
Yorkshire & the Humber Foundation School (YHFS) follows the National Process and timeline set out by the UK Foundation Programme Office (UKFPO). For further information, details of the timeline and a copy of the applicant’s handbook please visit the UKFPO website.
YHFS is one Unit of Application (UoA), but we use a group matching process to allocate applicants to locality schemes, before they rank their individual programmes.
- East Yorkshire – Grimsby & Scunthorpe, Hull, Scarborough, York
- South Yorkshire – Doncaster & Bassetlaw, Rotherham, Barnsley, Sheffield
- West Yorkshire – Airedale, Bradford, Calderdale & Huddersfield, Harrogate, Leeds, Mid Yorks (Dewsbury & Pinderfields)
If you are successful in your application to YHFS, you will then preference your choice of locality scheme and programmes as per the timetable below:
National FP Recruitment dates:
- Applicants Informed of FS Allocation UKFPO: 10 March 2022
- Group Ranking Opens: 11 March 2022
- Group Ranking Deadline: 16 March 2022 (12 noon)
- Programme Ranking opens: 21 March 2022 (12 noon)
- Programme Ranking Deadline: 31 March 2022
- Applicants Informed of Programme Allocations UKFPO: 7 April 2022
F1 and F2 jobs are linked. This means that when you list your programme preferences, you will know the F1 and F2 posts and hospitals in each programme.
There are no interviews for the allocation of Foundation Programme trainees.
Whilst the post speciality/placements are correct at the point of upload to the Oriel system, please note that posts may be subject to change depending on the employing Trust circumstances. Whilst both your employer and HEE will endeavour to provide you with as much notice of any changes, please note this is not always possible.
For 2022, YHFS has 4 Psychiatry Foundation Fellowship Programmes being advertised nationally. For more information please see here
Since August 2019, we have 18 GP longitudinal Integrated Foundation Programmes (LIFT), for more information please see here. These are included in the FPP vacancy. For further information please see here.