A free downloadable App designed to help clinicians get things done in their hospital.
Not what to do but how to do it.
Bringing local know-how to clinicians' pockets.
Named in honour of Dr Ignaz Semmelweis, the handwashing pioneer.
Suitable for iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Android devices.
Aims to provide clinicians with key information on:
Each Trust has administrators who have full control of their app content. Local authors can edit their section of the app only. The app users can only view the published content that has been approved. The app will only display the current content.
- Local Administrators recruit local authors
- Authors create the app content online
- Authors select reviewers for peer-review
- The system invites reviewers to comment on the content
- Authors then review and accept or decline suggestions
- Once the authors are satisfied, they mark their content for approval
- Administrators perform final check and content is published to the app
- Content becomes visable to the App user
Installing on iOS
1. View this webpage from your iOS (iPhone & iPad) or Android device
2. Follow this link, Ignaz App
3. Enter the password handwashing
4. Select install and follow on screen instructions
5. On your device head to 'Settings', 'General', 'Profiles and Device management', 'Enterprise App' and select Trust Health Education Yorkshire Humber.
6. The App will then be available on your device
Installing on Android
1. On your device go to 'Settings'
2. Find and select the Apps option then 'unknown sources'
3. You will get a warning prompt- click OK
4. On your device view this webpage and Follow this link, Ignaz App
5. Enter the password handwashing
6. Select install and follow on screen instructions
7. The App will now be available on your device
These steps may be slightly different depending on the model of phone and version of iOS / Android installed. if you encounter any technical problems please contacts, IGNAZ.YH@hee.nhs.uk
If your Trust is already on Ignaz
- System maintenance contract now in place
- Designated email address for Ignaz queries, monitored regularly. IGNAZ.YH@hee.nhs.uk
If you would like your Trust to be on Ignaz
Please contact the support team, IGNAZ.YH@hee.nhs.uk. We will happily provide you with the relevant information to help you get set up.
Please note, Ignaz is free for Trusts and Users
Effective clinical governance has been central in the software design. The project board has been mindful that the app is not a medical textbook, but it is also far more than an electronic version of a paper resource. It is designed to provide up-to-date local knowledge with automatic version control.